Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Day 2: Little Mirrors...


Our children are often reflections in a small way of who we are. I tend to hone in on the negative behaviors and traits I have passed onto my children. 
I saw a meme last year, it went something like this... 
" That awkward moment when you realize that you are telling your child off for being just like you"

What I have failed to do, is to look at our children and see the GOOD things they have picked up from me. Don't get me wrong, I think my children are the most amazing in the world. Generally I see all their awesomeness first. Yet I don't attribute that awesomeness to good parenting skills, but I do attribute their bad behaviors to my poor moments as a parent. 

This is how I realize, that I don't truly love ME.  In order for me to love my children more fully and enjoy them more, I need to learn to recognize the ways in which I am kinda cool & unique. 

Our children are our little mirrors. 

Rachel.  She is sassy, sharp, mischievous, love-smothering, cheeky ... she skips everywhere she goes. She will stand on a stage with a microphone since she was 2 and belt solo's for everyone at church to hear. 
She doesn't hide any emotions. Every little feeling, if only for a moment, is dramatically portrayed on her sweet little face. 
She is creative. She like things done her way. She is determined and doesn't give up easily. She is stubborn. 
She is a natural clown & comic. 

I adore all these things about her ... and I look at the list and see, that me & her, I guess there are quite a few things we have in common. 

She is also, very very uniquely RACHEL though. 


No comments:

Post a Comment