Thursday, January 10, 2013

Day 10 - Games!!!


Dear Esther & Rachel, my beautiful girls, 

I love that everyday, with sparkles in your eyes, you run to me with anticipation of that short hour of the day, when little babies are fast asleep and you get mommy all to yourselves. 

Some days, you request a tea party, others it is a book to be read. Should we get lost in Beatrix Potter? Discover the world of Laura & Heidi? Cry over the Little Princess? 

Every now and then we have a 'big girl craft' - like the time we made plaster tiles and painted them, or butterfly magnets, or paint stained glass, even make a necklace or two! 

Lately you request games. You delightfully run off and come with a stack of games... Snakes & Ladders, Candy Land, Old Maid, Go Fish, Bingo, Cards, Dominoes, Chess, Pass the pig. 

I hope that when you grow, that amongst the busyness of housework, school, errands and the daily distractions, you will remember, that even just for a short time, life slowed down and my eyes were on you alone. 

You are so well behaved and helpful, you play so quietly while I nurse a precious new baby or weather a  sweet two year olds tantrum as he navigates his new emotions, that I often feel bad that I don't give you all the time I wish I could. 

But I want you to know, that I am so proud of you and even if I do not sit with you all day ... that with all my heart ... I wish I could and that the times I do, I will treasure forever. I hope you treasure them too! 

Love, Mommy. 









No comments:

Post a Comment