Sunday, January 20, 2013

Day 14 - Temptation

It is true. I am a comfort eater. I should not ease my woes and calm my frustrations with warm tea, cookies, sweet ice cream. I should be a comfort - prayer. If I got on my knees and prayed as often as I sit with a sugary treat and a caffiene - infused mug. I wonder how much more I would know God's will  for me and how much more peace & joy I would have. 

Sugar is the bandaid, it is not the cure. It's a temptation just to keep covering my heart, soul and mind with band aids, but the truth is, it's like sticking a stone in the hole in a dam. All that pressure and it's going to build up until an emotional torrent pours forth. 

We need to resist the temptation to eat our worries and fears away, but instead, fall down and pray. 



No comments:

Post a Comment