Sunday, January 20, 2013

Day 13 - Forgotten



I often just watch you all play. You know, it's easy for us grown ups to forget how to play. We stop being able to just sit down and get lost in a world of trains, dolls & make believe. 

It is one of the most precious and beautiful things about child. I adore your imaginations, your story lines, the way you act out while adventures and love stories. 

You want me to join in, and I try my best, but it's hard because my mind is so consumer with dishes, deadlines and daily routine that somehow it is hard to let my mind discover a land of fairies or a go on a railroad adventure. 

I've forgotten how to play, but thank you for giving me the opportunity to learn again by being with you and watching you.  

VEHICLES & ANIMALS 
Athlete 

It's the simple things like the robots Stevie G drawsAnd the ease with which we seem to pull those tricksThere are moments of escape for every one of usAnd the beauty in the times that we create

I saw you smilingAnd I need my vehicles and animalsAnd I will be alrightTake me back to 1979 so I can find my open eyes

He can play all by himself for many hoursI have never seen a kid who's so contentAnd there is nothing from the outside that can touch him'Cos he's just learning how to be alone with one

I saw you smilingAnd I need my vehicles and animalsAnd I will be alrightTake me back to 1979 so I can find my open eyes

And I need my vehicles and animalsAnd I will be alrightTake me back to 1979 so I can find my open eyes

Lying down on my bed
I just got another kick to the head
Oh yeah you're a part of me
Yet another branch on the family tree
Salt on my fingers salt in my cuts
Salt on my face and salt in my guts
It's been a battle but we've come through ok
Stop what you're doing and play

Cos we've got our vehicles and animals so
We're gonna be alright
There's no need for us to go back in time
Because we've found our open eyes

We've got our vehicles and animals
So we're gonna be alright
There's no need for us to go back in time
Because we've found our open eyes






No comments:

Post a Comment